IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE
THE FIRE ASSEMBLY POINT IS IN THE CAR PARK AT THE FURTHEST POINT FROM THE BUILDING
- On discovering a fire, the initial alarm should be your shout!
- Operate fire alarm by hitting the centre glass panel of one of the red square fire alarms.
- If safe to do so, open all external fire doors and initiate evacuation to the Assembly Point at the far end of car park.
- Do not allow people to exit along the path immediately adjacent to the building – close pathway gates by front door.
- Call 999 on mobile phone asking for fire service – address is Charlton Marshall Village Hall, Green Close, Charlton Marshall, DT11 9PF.
- If possible and safe to do so, check all toilets and rooms for anybody not evacuated.
- If safe to do so, use the fire equipment according to the instruction labels.
- Do not stop to collect belongings and, if possible, close all doors when sure all persons have evacuated the building.
- Do a count of people at the Assembly Point to ensure the correct number are present.
- Remain at the Assembly Point until the ‘all clear’ is given.
DON’T TAKE RISKS – BE SAFE!
Issued August 2019
Updated: January 2021